KARI’S PINE EXTRACT DRINKTHE STORY
Kari’s Pine Extract Drink – the original drink has been made with the same traditional and carefully guarded recipe for over 40 years!
Kari’s Pine Extract Drink is the only available conifer extract product whose manufacturing process only uses nature’s own ingredients. No diluents, no chemicals – only pure spring water and the bark and phloem of young Finnish pine trees.
Kari’s Pine Extract Drink is the only available conifer extract product with Organic Certification.
This explains why the bottles are filled to the brim and why the product actually works. This also partially explains why Kari’s Pine Extract Drink has been available for over 40 years and why it has been selected as Natural Food Product of the Year by Suomen Luontaistuotekauppiaiden Liitto (the Finnish Association for Merchants of Natural Products) not only once, but twice. No other supplement has received the same kind of recognition.
The pine extract drink has been manufactured in Siikainen, which is located in Northern Satakunta, since 1976. The drink is still manufactured in the same location today.
Preserving the knowledge of natural healers in the 1960s
However, the development of the product started already in the 1960s, when Kari Herttua, a member of an old family, travelled around Finland visiting natural healers and gathering details of their knowledge. Based on this work, Kari developed a method for the industrial manufacturing of the traditional pine extract drink.
All successful products are backed by smart marketing efforts.
Kari has always understood the importance of marketing, so in the beginning of the 1980s, he instigated successful collaboration with magazines, which has lasted until today.
The first user experience was published in the Nykyposti magazine in 1981. These days, Terveys-Hymy publishes amazing stories by the users of Kari’s Pine Extract Drink every other month!
Thanks to collaboration with magazines, Kari’s Pine Extract Drink became known to a larger group of people. This made people interested in the product, which led to increased sales.
The downside of increased awareness was the increased interest by authorities. One reason for this was that people shared quite amazing stories in the magazine articles about the results they had achieved with the help of the conifer extract. As there were cancer patients among the users, some authorities found this bite to be too big to swallow.
1980s and 990s: Fight against windmills and university studies to support the efficacy of the product!
In the 10980s, many authorities wanted to remove Kari’s Pine Extract Drink from the market.
Kari describes that particular decade as a fight against windmills. The fight is depicted in a documentary made by Yleisradio and you can watch it here!
In the mid-1990s, the University of Turku and the University of Helsinki published studies on Kari’s Pine Extract Drink. These scientific studies formed a foundation for the increased popularity of Kari’s Pine Extract Drink and the pace kept accelerating in the 2000s, when the product was selected as the Natural Food Product of the Year for the first time in 2003. You can read about these studies in more detail here.
2010s: The pace keeps accelerating!
In the past few years, the number of people who use Kari’s Pine Extract Drink has increased even more. In 2010, the product received the Finnish Natural Food of the Year award for the second time. This was the first time that the same product received the award a second time. To this day, no other product has repeated this success.
In 2012, Kari’s Pine Extract Drink received the Organic Certification. This is the only available conifer extract product with an Organic Certification.
Retaining the Organic Certification requires annual inspections of the production facility, the areas where the ingredients are sourced and package labels. As such, the entire production chain is tightly controlled.
Kari’s Pine Extract Drink has been manufactured the same way throughout its history, so technically the product has always met the criteria of organic products. The company did not think to apply for the certification until 2012.
New studies of the health benefits of conifer extract have been published quite recently as well. The latest dissertation was written at the University of Turku in 2015. You can read about this dissertation, for example, on the Savon Sanomat website – here!
In recent years, several new natural products made from conifer extract have appeared in the market. This is an even clearer indication of the fact that the Finnish nature and coniferous trees in particular are seen as an important part in people’s well-being.
Of these products, Kari’s Pine Extract Drink is still the only available conifer extract product whose manufacturing process only uses nature’s own ingredients. Similarly, the effectiveness of the product has been proven time and time again by satisfied customers and university studies.0
Kari’s Pine Extract Drink in a nutshell
- The original drink made with the same traditional and carefully guarded recipe for over 40 years!
- Kari’s Pine Extract Drink is the only available pine extract product with Organic Certification.
- Retaining the Organic Certification requires annual inspections of the production facility, the areas where the ingredients are sourced and package labels. As such, the entire production chain is tightly controlled.
- The product is made from the bark and phloem of young Finnish pine trees, which have received the Organic Certification. The ingredients are gathered gently in the forest without large forest machinery.
- No diluents or chemicals are used in manufacturing – only pure spring water.
- No additives or preservatives are added into the product.
- The taste of Kari’s Pine Extract Drink is softly natural, yet it has a powerful effect. The product is suitable for people of all ages.
- A large number of user experiences have been recorded.
- Kari’s Pine Extract Drink has received the Natural Food of the Year award twice, in 2003 and 2010.
- In the past 20 years, Kari’s Pine Extract Drink has been the subject of several university studies. These projects have covered, to a large extent, the product’s antioxidant content, anti-inflammatory properties and other characteristics with health benefits.
- Kari’s Pine Extract Drink also contains in abundance of micronutrients and minerals in a well-absorbent form, although we are not allowed to include them on package labels due to authorities’ regulations.
- Kari’s Pine Extract Drink is nature’s own cocktail, which works as a holistic revitaliser of the whole body. Usually it only takes a couple of weeks for users to note that they have more energy and that they can tackle things better than before.